“Slip some cauliflower puree into a bowl of instant mac and cheese, and aren’t you also inadvertently cementing a kid’s belief that cauliflower does not exist in a beneficent universe?” – Dara Moskowitz Grumgahl (Experience Life Magazine) I want to start by commenting on those naysayers of ‘hiding’ veggies. I fully support “hiding” veggies in […]
One year ago today I published this website. A few months later I started the Raising Natural Kids Facebook page. 57 posts, 30,000 all time views and almost 3,000 FB fans later, I would like to share what I have learned on my journey thus far. I would never have and could never have done […]
I discovered the idea of sensory boxes a few weeks ago while checking out some great creative project and play pages. It was soon after this discovery that the teachers at my son’s preschool told me that his favorite things to play with at school are the sand and the fake snow sensory boxes. After […]
In the last decade mammograms have gotten a bad rap, and rightfully so. At 34, the only breast exams I have gotten have been done by my midwife when I was pregnant. Though my grandmother died of breast cancer at a relatively young age, I had just heard too many negative things about mammograms and […]
A friend’s husband attended an OSHA workshop last week and the facilitator of the class gave the above handout to the attendees. Apparently the man teaching the class is very much into spreading the word about chemicals that people come into contact with on a regular basis and may not know about. It’s crazy to […]
Most Commented Posts
- The ‘Ins and Outs’ of Essential Oils by Someone who Knows By RNK Community on August 28, 2013 183
- Wait! Don’t Wash That Newborn! By RNK Community on April 13, 2012 83
- This Just In: I am officially THAT MOM – Saying No to TBHQ and other Junk in Foods By RNK Community on November 2, 2011 50
email@example.com on “FA Facebook Qs” Very Nice Site, Love it
Valerie Graham on The ‘Ins and Outs’ of Essential Oils by Someone who Knows Michelle, you learned just how strong essential oils can be! ...
Valerie Graham on The ‘Ins and Outs’ of Essential Oils by Someone who Knows Hi Kelli, You can diffuse cinnamon into the air, it's great ...
Valerie Graham on The ‘Ins and Outs’ of Essential Oils by Someone who Knows Hi Taylor, You should be fine with inhaling - ...
Most Liked Posts
- Cleaning up ‘Cradle Cap’ By raisingnaturalkids on August 26, 2014 1
- Flame Retardants Have Been A Cause of Concern In Regards to SIDS… One Reason Among Many to Invest in Organic Crib and Child Mattresses By RNK Community on June 15, 2011 0
- What’s Really in Your Food? You May Never Know! By RNK Community on February 8, 2012 0